Sales Engineer â Spend Management for Cloud (5501)
San Francisco, California
As organizations leverage Cloud services at an ever increasing rate, so to has increased the need to analyze and manage those costs across the enterprise. As a result, a new category of software/SaaS solutions, Cloud Expense Management, has emerged as one of the high growth areas for 2017...Client provides a financial management tool for monitoring and analyzing cloud expenses across the enterprise. Their solution helps firms to track trends and spikes in their cloud infrastructure spending to provide predictable recommendations for more accurate planning of future needs and budget.
Our client provides a financial management tool for monitoring and analyzing cloud expenses across the enterprise. Their solution helps firms to track trends and spikes in their cloud infrastructure spending to provide predictable recommendations for more accurate planning of future needs and budget.
* Strong ROI – Solution can save customers ~30% on cloud costs within first 6 months
* Pre-IPO / Series B company offering EQUITY
* “Founder” culture where everyone shares a common vision
* Hockey-Stick Growth. Revs doubled in 2016 and will more than double this year (est)
COMPANY & SOLUTION
- Founded in 2011
- 66 Employees
- Annual Revenues: ~ $20M est for 2017
- 400+ Customers, including: GE, Amgen, Cisco, Uber, Nike BP and others
- 98% customer renewal rate AND a 4.4 GlassDoor employee rating!
- AE:SE Ratio of 2:1
- Title: Pre-Sales Engineer
- Territory(s): Western Region and North East Region
- Office Location: Virtual. Open to candidates based in the Bay Area and North East
- Compensation: Flexible, EOE
The SE will be primarily responsible for supporting territory and account strategy, tailored solution presentations, owning and running the Proof of Values (PoVs) from a technical perspective ensuring prospects are completing health scoring criteria essential to success. You will create configured reporting, dashboards, and coach prospects on cost efficiency strategy following a proven formula of customer health.
The right candidate will have (Requirements):
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing and SaaS solution selling
- IaaS knowledge: AWS Technical Essentials certification or higher (or equivalent knowledge)
- Analytics/Data: Ability to navigate complex data sets and pull out insights using SQL or similar tools
- Account Management: Experienced in account management and/or technical client- facing support (2+ years)
- Experience in leading product demonstrations and online sales meetings
- Skilled at building relationships with customers and co-workers
- Persistent, tenacious and able to deal with people when they are happy or not
- A great communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Self-starter, independent and proactive
- B.S. in Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization technologies
- Ability to travel 50%